EXPECTED OUTCOMES FOR OUR STUDENTS
AGPS has established the following expected school-wide learning outcomes:
1. Critical and High-Level Thinkers
Work independently and within a team setting.
Identify, assess, and analyze problems, and create effective solutions.
Solve problems effectively by using critical and higher-order thinking skills.
Maintain a social environment that encourages unimpeachable ethical behavior and character.
2. Clear and Effective Communicators
Master competencies in reading, writing, mathematics and science.
Articulate ideas clearly and effectively through oral, written, and creative expression.
Read, listen, and respond effectively and competent.Use technology to evaluate and utilize information.
3. Responsible Learners
Work toward realizing one's potential by setting challenging but achievable goals.
Demonstrate personal accountability and motivation.
Develop flexibility to anticipate and adapt to changes.
Develop the potential to become life-long learners.
Upon graduation, students will have achieved the following outcomes and merits:
* SAT I - 2100 out of 2400
* SAT II - 700 out of 800 [Minimum of 3 subjects]
* GPA Minimum of 3.5
* Minimum of 500 hours Community Service and Leadership Training
* Extra Curricular activities, including Sports and Performing Arts
* Minimum of 10 advanced placement classes
* Awards for exceptional achievement & leadership